1. Optimize your level of vitamin D – might be worth seeing your health care provider to get your levels checked – it is not recommended to take capsules without having levels tested – best source is still the sun!
2. Get enough rest – 7 to 8 hours of “re-charging” sleep. Don’t push yourself to your limit as it will only decrease your immune system abilities to fight.
3. Try to decrease your stress with effective tools like exercise, meditation or fun activities.
4. Wash your hands often and long enough!
5. Cough on your sleeve not in your hands.
6. Make sure that your nervous system is working optimally – studies have shown that a healthy nervous system = a healthy immune system – see your wellness chiropractor.
7. Avoid processed sugar as it will only diminish the strength of you immune system.
8. Keep your body alkaline (decrease acidity) – diseases strive in an acidic environment.
9. Exercise with weight and perform cardio exercises regularly.
10. Take a high quality source of animal base Omega-3 fatty acids
11. Take Vitamin C (Effer- C form) to help to help protect cells, produce energy, repair tissues.
12. Use natural antibiotics like garlic – olive leaf extract and oil of oregano (works like a broad spectrum antibiotic against bacteria and viruses)
13. Avoid hospitals and understand the pros and cons of vaccines – even the people that are the weakest (elderly, kids and pregnant women) will be more susceptible to side effects and adverse reaction as their immune system is already low.
14. See your naturopath or your homeopath to help prevent or even to “manage” your flu symptoms should you get the flu. Do your best to protect yourself and your family this season by staying informed and being aware. Visit ww.mercola.com for more information and references on this topic.