Your Cell Phone is Dangerous, Stop Sleeping Next to It
In this technological age, the negative electromagnetic frequencies our bodies are exposed to are higher and stronger than ever, which means your cell phone is dangerous! Especially for those of you sleeping next to them.
Research conducted by scientists in the US and Sweden have found that radiation emitting from mobile phones can cause headaches and interrupt vital sleep patterns. Participants who were exposed to mobile radiation during the study were found to experience headaches, change of moods, confusion and trouble sleeping. Such symptoms were seen in 38 of the 71 participants.
“The study indicates that during laboratory exposure to 884 MHz wireless signals, components of sleep, believed to be important for recovery from daily wear and tear, are adversely affected,” news.com.au quoted the researchers as saying.
According to the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), a committee of 27 scientists from 14 different countries working on behalf of the World Health Organization (WHO), exposure to cell phone radiation is a “possible carcinogen”. The children’s health expert panel explained that, as of 2013, there are nine types of cancer linked to cell phone use, including:
- Glimoa (brain cancer)
- Acoustic Neuroma (tumor on acoustic nerve)
- Meningioma (tumor of the meninges)
- Salivary Gland Cancer
- Eye Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Breast Cancer
Why is sleeping next to your cellphone a bad idea?
The frequencies in electricity override the magnetic resonance function in your brain, impeding your organs and tissues from being repaired by beneficial magnetism and contributing to the development of chronic ailments. Even sleeping beside an electrical appliance like an alarm clock can disturb your magnetic resonance. With electromagnetic fields comes electromagnetic stress – which is just as harmful to your body as any other physical stress, even though this stress is less obvious to us. Does this sound like science fiction? Think again! Research tells us the importance of being aware of the negative impacts of electromagnetic sources.
The truth is that electromagnetism is part of our modern life and some exposure can’t be avoided – no one can say they are not exposed to at least a few electromagnetic stresses throughout the day.
However, it’s important to be aware of exposure and decrease it where you can.
Here are a few other things you can do to decrease your exposure to negative electromagnetic fields:
- Avoid carrying your cell phone or personal assistant device on your person all day;
- Use your cell phone on speakerphone when possible;
- Find a headset that offers electromagnetic radiation reduction (air tube). Do your research on this one as some technologies will emit even more radiation;
- Choose a device with the lowest SAR possible (SAR = specific absorption rate) that measures the strength of the magnetic field absorbed by the body. SAR rankings are available online;
- Do not sleep next to your cellphone. If you use it as an alarm clock turn it on airplane mode and ensure wifi is off.
- Avoid sleeping with an electric blanket;
- Avoid being in an environment of fluorescent light all day – incandescent light is much less harmful;
- Limit your use of a microwave oven as it may even affect the molecules of the food you eat. If you do, use safe materials like glass to microwave your food;
- Limit your TV use and avoid sleeping in front of one all night;
- Limit your use of personal appliances such as electric razors and hairdryers.
- Avoid buying a house near a power site;
- Avoid unnecessary computer usage – they emit electromagnetic fields from all sides.
If you enjoyed this blog feel free to pass it on to your family and friends. Knowledge is power, and sharing this kind of information could help improve someone’s health.
Also, your feedback is important. Let me know what you think, and what kind of health information you want to know more about.
Beauchamp, Nathalie, and Andrée J. Benson. Wellness on the go: the secret to creating wellness and balance in your busy life (with time to spare!). Ottawa: Baico Pub., 2009. Print.
Children’s Health Expert Panel: Cell Phones & Wi-Fi?Are Children, Fetuses and Fertility at Risk? by Dr. Mercola
Mobile Phone Radiation, Economic Times
How Mobile Phones Affect Sleep (INFOGRAPHIC)