Are You Keeping Yourself Safe From EMFs Exposure?
In this blog, I will discuss some of the things you can do to minimize your EMFs exposure.
But first, what exactly are EMFs?
Electromagnetic frequency is a term used to describe the energy that comes out of an electromagnetic source. Depending on the source, level of radiation and duration of exposure, radiation can either be beneficial, harmless or extremely dangerous to humans.
Conditions such as persistent headaches, difficulty with concentration, anxiety, depression, and other radiation-related issues have a higher risk of occurrence with EMFs exposure.
There are also links being made between EMFs exposure and the accelerated development of tumours—more specifically brain tumors, due to the constant usage of the cell phones. In addition, suppressed melatonin production, heart abnormalities, and infertility have also been linked to overexposure to radiation.
For these reasons, it’s important to limit EMFs exposure as much as possible! While it may be difficult to reduce exposure to radiation (considering we are surrounded by cell phone towers, wifi hotspots and so on), there are lots of things you can do to minimize your personal exposure and help in the prevention of over-exposure.
10 Things You Can Do To Reduce Your EMFs Exposure
- Limit your WiFi exposure – Although inconvenient, turn off your home’s WiFi before heading to bed at night to eliminate overnight exposure during sleep;
- Favor a landline over your cell phone – Use a landline at home or at work whenever possible in place of your cell phone, especially if you are going to be on the phone for a good length of time;
- Don’t ‘wear’ your cell phone – Be mindful of where you keep your mobile devices (pockets, bras, etc.). Try to not have it on your person as much as possible;
- Use cord headphones or speakerphone – Whenever possible use headphones or place your phone on speaker to avoid direct contact between your mobile device and your head;
- Avoid electronic devices in the bedroom – Try to avoid having electronics in your bedroom or have them in airplane mode. If you are using your phone as your alarm make sure it is far away from your bed. Radiation may also interfere with the quality of your sleep. Be aware of ‘sleeping Apps’ that are used to track your sleep as they will be right by your head, emitting radiation;
- Reduce usage of other wireless devices – Be aware of how many wireless devices you use (wireless keyboards, speakers, baby monitors, etc);
- Lights Out! – Light is a form of EMFs. Try to limit your exposure to fluorescent lights; although they save energy, they emit radiation that incandescent bulbs do not. In addition, try to limit your blue light exposure (i.e. from smartphones, tablets, and laptops). Consider using a blue blocker screen for your computer monitor, or opt for blue light blocker glasses;
- Disable your Bluetooth when you are in the car – I know it’s a pain but a car is essentially a “cage”, and the small space concentrates harmful frequencies;
- Find time to disconnect in nature – Really take some time to disconnect from the virtual world and engage in an outdoor activity without the use of electronics. Countless studies show that there are many benefits to spending time in nature as it can have positive effects on our stress management and overall wellbeing. Remember that old TV commercial catchphrase: “can you hear me now, can you hear me now?” We did not use to be so connected and somehow we managed!;
- And finally, buy an “EMF shield”– EMFs shields can protect you from the harmful effects of EMFs by harmonizing radiation and reducing the heating of your mobile phone when it is in use. I purchased one for my cell phone, one that I wear on my body at all times, and one for the wall where our Smart Meter is.
There you have it, 10 things you can do to reduce your EMFs exposure. Now, I know that many of these suggestions are easier said than done, especially in this technology-driven world. But even doing one or two of the things mentioned can have an impact on your overall health and well-being.
Which of the 10 can you commit to doing? Let me know in the comments below!
Where did you purchase your EMF shields?
HI Catherine – I bought it online and we do have some at the clinic. Hedron is one of the companies I use.